THE ORIGINAL, AND STILL THE BEST
From RF welding to puncture-resistant polyurethane coatings to stainless cam buckles, everything about this BC is first-class.
In 1978, SCUBAPRO introduced the Stabilizing Jacket. It revolutionized scuba diving. Providing unequaled stability at depth, the "Stab" Jacket became an immediate classic.
A direct descendant of the Stab Jacket, the modern CLASSIC combines the best design and construction features of past and present. Built with puncture-resistant polyurethane-coated 420 denier nylon, the CLASSIC's seams are RF welded (a heat welding method that uses high frequency electromagnetic waves to create strong leak-proof seals). The CLASSIC comes standard with a stainless-steel Super Cinch tank band buckle system, a high-quality web waist belt with stainless steel cam buckle, large pre-bent stainless steel D-rings and one of the most secure and reliable integrated weight systems around.
The CLASSIC features a depth-compensating cummerbund and a sternum strap to ensure the perfect fit, along with a padded backpack to ratchet up the comfort quotient. A pair of rear trim weights balance out the weight ditch system. That, along with rock-solid tank positioning, contributes to an extremely stable ride at depth.
For carrying dive lights and other accessories the CLASSIC offers two big cargo pockets with Velcro closures, as well as two zippered pockets. All four are roomy and easy to access. The pre-bent D-rings are the ideal size and shape for clipping on extra gear.
It takes only one look at the CLASSIC to understand how it got its name, and why it enjoys such a stellar reputation. Built tough, generously equipped with high-quality hardware and heavy-duty webbing, armed with a first-class valve system and offering impressive buoyant lift, this BC can handle any job, anytime, anywhere. If that gets your juices flowing, you just may be a CLASSIC diver.
• Constructed of puncture-resistant, polyurethane-coated 420 denier nylon with RF welding for maximum durability.
• Super Cinch tank buckle system locks the tank in rock-solid for maximum stability at depth.
• Fully adjustable cummerbund compensates for suit compression, maintaining a snug fit at varying depths.
• Heavy-duty waist overstrap with stainless steel cam buckle provides additional security and helps achieve a snug fit.
• Fast-drying padded backpack enhances comfort during long dives.
• Quick-release integrated weight pouches ditch quickly and easily and secure with squeeze buckles.
• Rear trim pouches allow you to achieve a well-balanced swimming position.
• Two large Velcro pockets with knife attachment grommets, plus two additional zippered pockets, provide lots of cargo-carrying capability.
• Four large pre-bent stainless steel D-rings, along with two smaller stainless D-rings, provide convenient clip-on points for additional gear.
• BC comes equipped with a Balanced Power Inflator or an AIR2.
• Available in five sizes with 33.7lbs/15.4kg to 66lbs/29.9kg of lift capacity, depending on size. Click on BC size chart for more details.
Lift (N) Lift (lb/kg) Max bottle size (l)
XS 150 33.7/15.4 15
S 180 40.5/18.3 18
M 200 45.0/20.4 18
L 260 58.5/26.5 10+10
XL 360 80.9/36.7 10+10